A HISTORY OF SUCCESS Three Generation Strong
In 1929, the company was started by two brothers, Ronald and Eugene Nenni as a trucking company hauling materials from a crusher site known as Trap Rock along the banks of the Hudson River. During the next 24 years, the company prospered and grew into the construction industry constructing roads in Dutchess, Westchester and Putnam Counties and as far North as Albany and Saratoga Springs.
Due to their continued success, in 1953, Ronald and Eugene decided to incorporate their business as Ninnie Construction Corporation. With Ronald's four of five sons, Fulvio, James, Vincent and Robert joining the company, Ronald and Eugene started into the General Contracting business from foundations, framing, masonry and site work.
In the late 60's, Fulvio left Ninnie Construction to start his own business in home remodeling. After many successful years, he retired and work for several large general contracting firms such as Merritt Meridan and Gal's Construction and finally returning to Nenni Equipment as an estimator until 2010. Vincent also went out on his own and started a masonry company and Robert moved to New Hampshire building new homes and continues today with his sons. Ronald Jr ownes several IGA Grocery chains in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. And Ronald's two daughters owned and operator Quinn's Restaurant on Main Street in Beacon until 2014.
In 1949 at the age of 16, James Nenni, Sr., Ronald's son, joined the company as a truck driver. In 1951 James enlisted in the United States Air Force and after his honorable discharge in 1954, he returned and worked as an operator, supervisor and estimator. Upon Ronald's retirement in 1968, James Nenni, Sr.. purchased his father's shares of stock in the company and became Vice President. In 1969, Ninnie Construction won its first bid in IBM East Fishkill and worked at all of IBM's plants throughout the Hudson Valley for the next 29 years. In May of 1989, Eugene retired and James Nenni, Sr. subsequently purchased all remaining stocks and changed the corporation name to Nenni Equipment Corporation. In 1984, Nenni Construction Co., Inc. was formed.
In 1974, James Nenni, Jr. joined the company as a labor. For the next 15 years, he worked as a truck driver, operator, foremen, superintendent and estimator. In 1990, James Nenni, Jr. became Vice President of Nenni Equipment Corporation and became Vice President of Nenni Construction Co., Inc. in 2011.
Today, we own over 100 pieces of heavy equipment and continue to specialize in earthwork providing clearing, site preparation, storm systems, ponds, bio-retention, detention basins, infiltration basins, sand and vegetative filters, storm water filter units, reservoir construction and of course storm piping of all types and catch basins, water line installation including meter and back-flow vaults, wet & dry taps, sanitary sewer lines, force mains and pump stations. We perform all testing of these utilities. We perform all types of curbing and sidewalks, site lighting, road construction and rebuilding, paving, signs, building excavation, slab preparation and interior plumbing excavation and perform borings. We also perform rock blasting and chipping.
James Sr. and James Jr. are fully active in the daily operations of the business to insure the highest quality of workmanship and safety in which our construction company was built on.
The Nenni Family certainly represents a good cross section of what America is about. With hard work, discipline, work ethics, accountability, dependability, integrity and dedication, The Nenni Companies were built. With the immigration of the Nenni Family into the United States at the turn of the century and whose ancestors you can trace back to the persons who built some of the first major public infrastructure works the Nenni family has passed along family heritage and roots to generations providing longevity to a company that started 89 years ago.
Jim Nenni Jr Ronald Nenni Jim Nenni Sr
Vice President 1906-1987 President